Hi, everyone! This is a loooong one. In this video, I’ll take you through my entire process of how I paint a realistic still life with watercolor. The subject for today’s painting is Fruits and Vegetables. In particular, our reference photo is of an apple, three citrus fruits and two bell peppers.
I selected this reference photo for it’s simplicity – simple shapes, simple textures. Coming from our Sphere Painting Exercises, it should now be easy to render similar shapes – this time with some slight variations in texture – using watercolor.
MATERIALS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
* Assortment of Royal and Langnickel Synthetic Brushes
* Yarka Watercolors: Payne’s Gray, Hansa Yellow, Carmine Hue, Ultramarine Blue (Any yellow, red and blue will do. If you don’t have Paynes Gray, mix the 3 primary colors together to produce a substitute )
* Strathmore Mixed Media Sketchbook
VIDEO VIEWING TIPS:
* If I’m speaking too fast or too slow for you, use the Playback Speed option in YouTube to adjust the video speed. You can also choose to rewind or fast forward through parts of this video using this option.
* I sometimes tend to mumble when I get into the painting process. Turn on the subtitles so you can understand me better.